CTG OverviewCTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview of position
Under the general supervision of the LHD Programme Manager and the direct supervision of the LHD Project Officer, the Project Assistant is responsible for receiving all incoming beneficiaries of IOM’s Flagship Youth Employment One Stop Shop (YEOSS), including answering and following up on incoming calls via YEOSS helpline system. Further, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
Receive beneficiaries and inform about services available at the YEOSS including but not limited to career guidance and counselling, language and soft skills trainings, job fair and cultural events.
Receive phone calls via YEOSS helpline and respond to all general and routine queries concerning referral requests related to access to services including health, education, legal aid, psycho-social support and any consular services.
Enrol beneficiaries who visit the centre by filling the requisite digital form and ensure that all information included therein is accurate to the best of the incumbent’s ability;
Based on general enrolment, also conduct secondary enrolment for specific services offered by the YEOSS by using appropriate digital forms created for this purpose.
Immediately report any technical challenges that arise in enrolment and support the Project Officer in liaising with various IOM units including ICT to resolve issues for smooth enrolment.
Redirect queries to and consult with other members of the IOM Libya Units and external partners based on External Referral SoPs as appropriate;
Resolve routine problems reported by claimants according to established guidelines for YEOSS. Refer received complaints directly to the supervisor;
Enter all incoming referrals, including via helpline in internal registration database;
Report on important trends, issues, problems encountered from day-to day operation of the YEOSS based on information provided by beneficiaries, referral partners and other local civil society organizations.
Prepare weekly and monthly reports on youth enrolment to various services and overall referral pathways.
Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Operations SOPs as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA.);
Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners;
Perform such other duties as may be assigned;
LHD Programme Manager
Key competenciesIV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Four years of working experience with secondary [high school] education; two years of working experience with bachelor’s degree; Communications, Social Sciences, Administrations
• Prior Movement Operations or counselling case worker experience a strong advantage; and excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing;
• Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet and experience with Accounting systems is an advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.Team management
This role does not require team management