SUDIA (Sudanese Development Initiative) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization working for peace, development, and good governance in Sudan. The organization works with a broad cross-section of actors and stakeholders implementing programs and providing services that center around peacebuilding and community security, natural resource management and environmental conservation, democracy, and human rights promotion.
SUDIA has received an award from USAID to implement a program titled “A Promising Future for Sudan”, which seeks to “Enhance the political and social participation of civil society, youth and marginalized communities in shaping Sudan’s transition to peace and democracy”. As part of the program SUDIA will enhance the knowledge of civil society organizations on civic education and political/electoral processes who will in turn be supported to carry out awareness raising and education on such processes throughout the country.
SUDIA is now seeking to recruit a full-time consultant to lead and implement this element of the program.
Scope of Work
Working closely with the SUDIA team, the consultant will lead on the delivery of the Civic Education and Political/electoral processes component of the program.
More specifically, the consultant will –
Oversee the establishment of a Technical Advisory Committee TAC) that will advise on the development of a civic and electoral/political processes training-of-trainers package
Convene and act as secretariat for meetings of the Technical Advisory Committee
Identify, recruit, and oversee a consultant/firm to design and carry out a civic and political processes training‐of‐trainers program;
Identify and oversee the selection of civil society organizations that will participate in the Training-of-Trainers program
Oversee and organize the implementation of the Training-of-Trainers program
Oversee the selection of a network of CSOs that will be provided with small grants to carry out awareness‐raising and education activities in their communities.
Provide support and follow-up to selected CSOs implementing civic education and awareness-raising activities in the different states
Compile and submit periodic progress and activity reports as well as a final report on the assignment.
Qualifications – Education, Experience and Language
· Advanced university degree in Development studies, Social Sciences, law, Project cycle Management, or a related field. 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience human rights or development and working with CSOs.
· Demonstrable, excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Professional background in human rights, CSO advocacy and networking, resource mobilization, project development and coordination, or another related field.
· Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills, computer, analytical and excellent command of oral and written Arabic is required.
· English fluency is required.
· Experience working in Sudan or regional experience in East Africa is desirable.**
Only Sudanese nationals or non-Sudanese with a valid residency/work permit in Sudan will be considered.
How to apply
Interested candidates fulfilling the qualifications and eligibility requirements above can apply by submitting –
Past Experiences in similar consultancy and/or projects
List of Personal Referees
Daily professional fee.
Closing date for application is 22 January 2021. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Apply through email: firstname.lastname@example.org